At Unison, we have a vision to deliver world-class network and energy solutions to our customers. To achieve that, we need a team of people passionate about delivering excellence through innovation, coupled with superior customer service. We also believe that teamwork and integrity, together with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees and communities will help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Designer to join the Service Delivery Team at Unison Contracting Services. This position is based in our Dunedin branch. You will be working across network and customer projects to design and price network infrastructure ensuring appropriate standards, safety, functionality and regulatory requirements are met.
Previous design experience in the electrical industry is preferred, you would be utilising your current electrical experience.
- Perform planning and design of projects for reliability, security and quality of supply
- Prepare technical specifications for contract works, including pricing
- Liaise with Supervisors/Project Managers
- Compliance with health & safety, technical, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with internal and external customers
- Ensure work meets quality and price criteria
Skills and experience:
- Electrical Distribution or Electrical Design experience (minimum 5 years)
- Knowledge of relevant acts, regulations and codes of practice.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and offer strategic thinking
- A solid understanding around design & construction standards.
- Team focus but also has the ability to work independently as required
If you tick all of the above boxes then we would love to hear from you!
Unison is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We also understand that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.
Due to Current border restrictions Unison welcomes applications from those people with the immediate rights to work in New Zealand.