Line Mechanic - roles in Hastings, Rotorua and Dunedin
- Distribution experience required
- Great remuneration and benefits
- Full-time role
Unison Contracting Services has experienced significant and sustained growth with the parent company Unison Networks which has resulted in vacancies for experienced Line Mechanics to support our growing workforce. We currently have vacancies across all of our regions of Hawkes Bay, Rotorua and Dunedin.
At Unison Contracting your safety is our number one priority which means you'll be working to industry best practices with modern tools and trucks. We are committed to personal development and will invest heavily in our staff. We offer a wide range of personal benefits in addition to competitive remuneration rates.
The role of Line Mechanic is to install new equipment and services to both overhead lines and underground cables, as well as repair and restore fault-damaged lines, cables and equipment.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A current EWRB Line Mechanic registration
- Experience working on NZ distribution networks up to and including 33kV
- Experience erecting poles both wooden and concrete
- Experience fault-finding on overhead equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be 100% committed to Safe Working Practices
At Unison we will provide:
- A safe workplace, where safety and wellbeing is our number one priority
- Permanent position with competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity for overtime and allowances
- Modern equipment & trucks
- Ongoing training and development
- Great benefits such as private medical cover, wellbeing subsidy, life assurance and more
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. In your cover letter, please state the region you are interested in working in.
We welcome applications from those people with the immediate right to work in New Zealand.
Unison is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We also understand that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.