Skilled Operative- STMS (multiple roles)
At Unison, we have a vision to deliver world-class network and energy solutions to our customers. To achieve that, we need a team of people passionate about delivering excellence through innovation, coupled with superior customer service. We also believe that teamwork and integrity, together with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees and communities will help us achieve our vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organise daily traffic management requirements:
- Assign staff, subcontractors and equipment to undertake traffic management;
- Undertake traffic management duties.
- Review received service requests:
- Reactive call-outs;
- Urgent and justified call-outs for the day and allocate;
- Planned service requests for projects;
- Update STMS calendar as required
- Prepare documentation which may include:
- Carrying out site visits;
- Prepare TMP's to submit to RCA's;
- Meeting with person/s making the request/s;
- Contact affected RCA for discussion and agreement of process.
- Auditing and monitoring:
- Site visits to check compliance and discuss issues with site personnel;
- Monitoring of all sites, attended and unattended.
- Equipment Management:
- Clean and maintain equipment for daily use;
- Ordering of new equipment as required;
- Keeping an inventory of all available equipment for use on each vehicle;
- Utilise trucks and trailer for daily use and call-outs.
- Preparation of documentation for ongoing work:
- Project works;
- Undertake staff training:
- Conduct STMS and TC courses as required;
- Coach staff on traffic management;
- Present traffic management issues at staff meetings.
Other Responsibilities (as time allows):
- General labouring duties;
- General machine operation;
- Supervision of small teams and/or sites;
- Drive vehicles appropriate to driver's licences held;
- Operate plant appropriate to licences and/or unit standards held;
- All other tasks as required to complete civil work and that are mutually agreed.
Health & Safety
Comply with the Company's Health and Safety requirements and in particular:
- Ensure that no action or inaction on your part while at work, harms any member of the public or damages their property;
- Ensure safety to members of the public, and their property, by following all company policies, procedures and promptly reporting public safety issues;
- To follow the safe working practices set out in the Safety Manual - Electricity Industry (or its revised equivalent);
- Ensure your own safety at work;
- Ensure that no action or inaction on your part while at work, harms any other person;
- Report any hazard identified within the workplace or arising out of the work;
- Report and record injuries/illnesses arising out of the work or the work environment; and participate in emergency