System Outage Specialist
Unison Network Operations Centre is currently looking to hire a System Outage Specialist to join its growing team.
The prime purpose of this position is to learn and become competent with the functions carried out by the system outage specialist and network control operator. This position is a stepping stone to becoming an outage specialist or a network control operator.
Key aspects of the role entail:
- To coordinate network outages to ensure projects are progressed in a safe and timely manner.
- Learning to write and check switching applications
- Gaining the necessary experience and competency required to step in as a Network Control Operator.
Develop competency with Unison and Centralines planned outage process. This entails being able to carry out the following functions:
- Process switching applications for planned network outages
- Liaise with contractors to minimise outage times and customer impact
- Review the impact of planned outages on system loads
- Ensure all outage protocols and standards are adhered to
- Process Transpower outage requests and ensure they are actioned on time
- Process High Load applications
- Process Close Approach Applications as and when required
- Writing and checking switching instructions.
- Develop competency to carry out duties of a Network Control Operator
This entails being able to carry out the following functions:
- Constantly monitoring loadings and implementing load control as required.
- Effectively handle faults on the network
- Manage shutdowns during planned maintenance activities
- Co-ordinate energy retailers requests such as safety disconnects
- Issuing and controlling of authorisation permits
- Determining the appropriate action required to restore supply.
Qualifications and Experience for this role:
- Electrical qualification and registration
- Minimum 5 years experience in electricity distribution
If this sounds like an opportunity that you are interested in please read a copy of the attached job description and apply via the unison website.