Planner with Project Management experience
At Unison, we have the vision to deliver world-class network and energy solutions to our customers. To achieve that, we need a team of people passionate about delivering excellence through innovation, coupled with superior customer service. We also believe that teamwork and integrity, together with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees and communities will help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Planner to join the Service Delivery Team at Unison Contracting Services. This position is based in our Rotorua Depot. You will be working across network and customer projects responsible for the planning management and co-ordination of work to ensure it is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Previous experience in project management is essential, and if you can utilise your current electrical experience, then this will be advantageous.
- Developing the work break down the structure to formulate a critical path and ensuring enablers are completed for work scheduled.
- Identify opportunities to optimise outages and minimise customer disruption.
- Coordinate the development of construction methodologies with the project team.
- Ensure compliance with health & safety, technical, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with internal and external customers
- Monitor progress to ensure work is completed within specifications, budget and to the required timeframes.
Skills and experience:
- Project Management experience (minimum 5 years and preferable within the electrical industry.)
- Knowledge of relevant acts, regulations and codes of practice.
- An eye for detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively manages time, workload and resources.
- Ability to problem-solve and offer strategic thinking.
- A solid understanding of design & construction standards.
- Team focus but also has the ability to work independently as required.
- Current knowledge of the required resource and plant to complete tasks in the field.
- Able to scope work and create accurate BOM for construction staff.
- Able to assess on-site any access or construction issues.
- Able to produce detailed methodology and outage plan.
We welcome applications from those who have the immediate right to work in NZ. If you are interested, please apply online.
Unison is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We also understand that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.
Applications close on 15th March 2021.
For full details including a job description see http://www.unison.co.nz/tell-me-about/careers/current-vacancies