Distribution Line Mechanic
Looking for a change in career?
- Are you a qualified Electrician, looking to branch out to something different?
- If you are an EWRB registered Electrician and fancy trying your hand at something new, why not use those skills and train with us as a Line Mechanic?
- We have vacancies in the North and South Island and all training and equipment will be paid for.
Unison Contracting Services Ltd - one of New Zealand's largest electrical distribution contractors, has recently expanded its operations and is looking for dedicated team members to join the Rotorua and Dunedin teams to manage their rapid growth.
If you are an EWRB registered Electrician and fancy trying your hand at something new, why not join us a Line Mechanic? We can use your current qualification to fast track you through the training period, enabling you to become a fully qualified Line Mechanic and Unison will pay for your training.
If you are interested in developing your career further with a company that is truly committed to growing a diverse and inclusive workforce, please read on.
With safety as our top priority, you'll be working to industry best practices with modern tools and equipment.
As well as competitive rates of pay we also value career development and how we can ensure our employees are engaged and empowered. At Unison, you will always feel like your voice is being heard.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A current New Zealand Electrical Registration as an Electrician
- Be 100% committed to Safe Working Practices
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a team player approach
- Available for standby roster and working away from home if required
At Unison we will provide:
- A safe and enjoyable workplace, where safety and wellbeing are our top priority
- Permanent positions with competitive remuneration packages
- Life, trauma and income protection insurance
- $200 per year Wellbeing subsidy
- Opportunity for overtime and allowances
- Modern tools & equipment
- Ongoing training and development
Never has there been a more exciting time to be part of the distribution industry. If you are keen to apply, please apply via the Unison website.
Unison is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We also understand that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.