Construction Design Engineer
At Unison, we have a vision to be New Zealand's most progressive asset manager. Our team is focussed on enabling the communities we serve to prosper through excellence in asset management, customer understanding and innovative solutions. We believe that team work and integrity, together with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees and communities will help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Construction Design Engineer to join our Network and Operations team. In this role, you will provide expert mechanical engineering service to project design, required for the construction of complex and specialist overhead projects. You will also develop network asset drawings and standards that would complement the existing network and operating standards to guarantee network assets are constructed in a safe and optimal way in line with N&O's Life Cycle Asset Management vision.
The Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Accountable for the development of specialist mechanical engineering designs and drawings, required for complex sub transmission and other overhead construction projects.
- Develop network construction solutions as required by Asset Specialists.
- Accountable for the development of network asset drawings and standards.
- Ensure that construction standards provide contractors with clear construction drawings that would maximise the asset life and provide a safe asset operating environment.
- Identify, trial and introduce new mechanical design software that would enhance network efficiency and improve the construction of network assets.
The Key Training & Experience required for this position includes:
- NZCE or National Diploma Level 6 Civil or Mechanical
- 5 years in mechanical engineering and drawings.
- Extensive 33kV substation electrical and mechanical design capabilities.
- In-depth knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications.
For full details of this role, please see the job description available on our website.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with the ability to work unsupervised. You will have excellent computer word processing, spreadsheet and database skills and internet familiarity with manufacturers sites and catalogues. You'll be able to plan for and meet deadlines, have excellent analytical skills and be able to think laterally and conceptually.
Unison understands that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including contribution towards relocation costs, great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.