Faultperson / Electrician
At Unison, we have a vision to deliver world-class network and energy solutions to our customers. To achieve that, we need a team of people passionate about delivering excellence through innovation, coupled with superior customer service. We also believe that team work and integrity, together with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of our employees and communities will help us achieve our vision.
Are you an experienced Electrician looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a large organisation with plenty of opportunities for overtime? Do you have the ability to follow process under pressure in challenging and changing environments? You could use your qualifications and skills to work as a Faultperson for Unison Contracting Services.
Unison Contracting Services has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Line Mechanic or Electrician to join our Faults Team based in our Hastings depot. As a Faultperson you will be working across our network in the Hawke's Bay to provide 24 hour / 7 days a week fault response in a safe and efficient manner. Availability to participate in the on-call roster is essential, with a competitive remuneration package ensuring the successful candidate is well compensated for this.
Safety is one of Unison's core values; it is at the forefront of everything we do. Given this, and due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will have the innate ability to stay calm and make rational, safe decisions under pressure.
- Provide first and second call response 24 hours per day
- Investigate, isolate and restore power
- Carry out approved switching on our network equipment
- Liaise with control room operators
- Carry out voltage complaint investigations
- Attend accidents and emergencies involving power outages
Skills and experience required;
- Electrical Registration as either a Lineman or Electrician
- Significant experience as an Electrician or Line Mechanic.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure
- A positive team member, who has the ability to work independently while staying focused
If you tick all of the above boxes then we would love to hear from you!
Applications close Tuesday 24th October at 5pm.
Unison understands that great performance comes from great people. As a valued team member, you will receive ongoing training and development as well as a host of benefits including contribution towards relocation costs, great remuneration, health insurance, and subsidies to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.